Tue, 19 July 2005
Blocking Wide Rusher
1. Identify 3-5-7 step drop
2. Identify Launch Point of QB
3. Objective 3 step drop is to get defenders hands down...inside target -attack and cut- change up with slip block -place hands on chest and slip them down to knees and cut.
4. On 5 and 7 step drop - The wider the defender ..the deeper your kick step...Remember the wider the defender, the farther he is from QB ...Don't Panic
5. When kicking have inside target and bury your chin into your inside pec . This prevents you from losing control as you kick to defender.
6. Keep your shoulders square as long as possible before you turn and run with defender
7. If he tries to run the hump to QB and uses rip technique/uppercut, with your outside hand on defenders chest...take inside hand and place on defenders hip and widen him